PicMonkey Review: What is the need of PicMonkey?
PicMonkey Review Summary
PicMonkey is a magnificent photo editing tool and a design app that lets bloggers, newbie users edit images for their blogs or social posts and make them look more visually appealing. The various online PicMonkey review, label this as the tool that helps you ignite your social presence using the beautiful cover images or the magnificent social posts created with the tool. Equipped with multitude of editing tools, PicMonkey review, lists this as the number one design tool of the current times for bloggers. Designed to help you appeal to the masses by beautiful shop icons, thumbnails and the banners created with ease using the tool. If truth be told, this is one editing tool to vouch for!
Table of Content:
We know that there are multitudes of photo editing software available in the market. However, despite all these available options, PicMonkey is definitely the best and the most easy to access tool for photo editing. This tool includes everything from the basic cut and paste tools to a plethora of high end tools which help in photo editing and photo enhancing.
Previously, we have talked about the Canva review in our photo editing and design section, but now we’ll discuss about PicMonkey and see if this tool is capable enough to withhold the same position as Canva. Moreover, if you have worked with Canva in the past, it would be easier for you to work with PicMonkey too.
PicMonkey is an online photo editing portal which helps the users to edit images by adding texts, filters and other relevant effects. There are also tools which help you with functions such as retouching, collage-making and creating graphics for print.
PicMonkey has a number of basic tools which are exceptionally easy to use for bloggers and even for the personal use. Using the filters and the basic tools along with a variety of touch up tools, it is possible to create a better picture and get more likes for the images on your social portal.
PicMonkey Review: Online Photo Editor
The PicMonkey online photo editor tool that has all the effects and tools those are essential to make your images look seamless.
Now, let us look through the different features that are available with this PicMonkey tool.
Photo Editing Tools
PicMonkey helps you apply all the basic edits such as fixing exposure, resizing and cropping, with just a click of the button.
Touch up Tools
With the tools of the PicMonkey, you can retouch the portraits by adding features such as smoothening the skin, whitening the teeth and changing of the hair color, yet get some natural looking results.
PicMonkey helps give you pictures an instant lift with some designer curated frames and textures.
60+ filters and effects
PicMonkey is the perfect tool to make your pics shine with an array of fully customizable photo effects.
3000+ Graphics and icons
The tool lets you layer graphics to develop new designs from the scratch and add them ad hoc to your pictures.
Array of Fonts and Templates
PicMonkey has more than 235 fonts and 2400 templates. As a result, the design possibilities are endless.
PicMonkey Review for Process to edit a photo in PicMonkey?
- Open the photo you want to edit in the PicMonkey editor.
- Enhance the natural beauty of your picture with some basic edits, text, graphics, filters, and more.
- PicMonkey auto saves the image in Hub. This let’s you edit the image again anytime as desired.
- You can further export the image as a . jpg, .png, or .pdf, and then share it with the world.
PicMonkey Review for frames of pictures. How to set it?
Frames give that perfect photo finish. There are people who like photo realistic scrapbook corners while there are others which are like the bohemian rhapsody of the artsy goodness. With the help of PicMonkey, you can choose from an array of crafty, chic and some really unreal frames which will help give a finishing touch to your photo.
Types of Frames available
Shape Cutouts: Shape cutouts let you expand the geometry of your picture. This is a great frame choice!
Let’s take a look at some of choicest shape cutouts:
- Star – This lets you put your images in a star shaped cutout and then send stratospheric.
- Circle– With this, you can give your pictures a mod makeover and give them a complete makeover.
- Scalloped – A scallop shape mold is capable of transforming any image to a blog worthy graphic in no time.
Classic: If you want to keep it formal yet retain the focus on your photo, this could be a great pick for the frame.
Polaroid: The Polaroid frame comes in three distressed looks and an adjustable tint.
Wayback frames: With this choice of frame, you can take your photos back in time and yet make them look hip and happening.
Museum Quality: If you want to keep your photos classy, the museum frame is a great pic.
Totally Customizable: As part of this frame variant, you can fully customize your frame. So, if you want a frame that is either thick or thin, has little to multiple colors, has a transparent background or even a drop shadow action, it can be all done. That’s how easily customizable this is.
PicMonkey Review for Overlay and Clipart Photo Editing Tools
PicMonkey comes equipped with several thousands of customizable overlaps, images, stickers, clip arts and icons to help you create impeccable images. With this tool, you have 6000+ overlays to make a choice from. The team of PicMonkey has really made their overlay folder exhaustive to ensure that you get a clip art that you really want.
Be it the business icons, whimsical stickers, photorealistic fireworks or the basic shapes, PicMonkey has everything that you need to come up with fantastic looking designs. The best part is that these guys are continually working to add more and more designs to it.
Business Overlays and Clip Art
- Create infographics using business overlays – Infographics are the most ideal way to put forward data to your followers. And with PicMonkey, creating infographics is extremely easy. You can use a pre-defined template as a guide or rather start from scratch.
- Make business cards with clip art – You can now create a good first impression with your business clip art. PicMonkey lets you add a logo easily and further add social icons to your business cards to make them very appealing.
More ways to love overlays on PicMonkey mobile
On the PicMonkey mobile, though everything is not quite expansive as the desktop app but still there is a great folder of clip art for you to choose from. In addition to this, you can always add your own graphics and further customize them by changing their colors, adding a drop shadow or even erasing parts of it, all of it for free.
How to add an overlay to a design?
- Open the design canvas in the PicMonkey editor.
- Select any overlay as desired.
- Customize the overlay by changing the size, color or he placement.
- Lastly, share your design on your requisite social media platform.
Some overlay inspirations for your designs
Monogram – In monogram, you can use the texts and overlays to claim your name.
Clipping Masks – Add a clipping mask to the overlays to achieve a rather fresh and bold look.
DIY circle logo – Circle logos are the most simple and powerful designs for you to look forward to.
PicMonkey Review for Photo Filters. How photo filters work?
The multitude of photo filters available with PicMonkey actually put you in control. These filters are not only infinitely mixable and layerable but also customizable. So, you can paint them as thick or thin as you want or even erase them if you don’t want them in a particular area. The photo filters with PicMonkey give you a unique flexibility which celebrates every mood, skin tone and every day.
Types of Photo Filters
- Tried and True – These are the most popular type of filters and are certain to make your photos extremely appealing. They add a bold makeover to your pictures with just a click of the button.
- Basic Photo Filters: This includes everything from boosted hues to vignette edges to make your photos look great. Such click and you are done filters work best to make your photos look great.
- Black and White: As part of the black and white filters, PicMonkey provides you with 8 distinct and adjustable features for a perfect looking monochrome picture.
- Vintage Photo Filters: To get a fab #TBT touch, you can definitely try out this suite of photo filters which are modelled after some distinct camera techniques. It has some simple sliders that help you fine tune the intensity and the hues.
- Paintbox: Using the Paintbox, you can embolden the existing hues or rather open a whole new range of spectrum of colors and features.
- Light Filters: With the illuminating effects, you get the power to control the lens fare, lighting and even the effect of the sun.
- Area: Using the area filter, you can add attention to a portion of your image over the remaining portion of the image. For this, you can use some area effects and spotlight with features like color, blur, or others.
- Artsy: The artsy filters are designed with a free spirit in mind. So, you can use the PicMonkey’s artistic filters as mold breakers. What are you waiting for? Unleash your creative magic and showcase your creative side.
- Uniquely You: With this filter, you can layer some filters together and achieve a one of a kind picture. These filters will help you achieve a pin point precision, making them a great match for all the skin tones.
1000’s of templates to help you
PicMonkey provides you with 1000s of templates to help you get started. You can use these templates to make business assets, invites and more. It is a great way to help you get a jist of the tool and make you familiar with the filters and available options.
Features of PicMonkey
PicMonkey lets you create images which attract eyeballs and achieve fantastic results. With PicMonkey, you can:
- Touch up portraits
- Edit photos
- Create good designs
Now, let’s take a look at some of the features of PicMonkey.
Photo Editing Features
- Dozens of effects and filters
- Layer and mask images
- Add and modify text
- Business cards, ads, logos
- Announcements, invites, postcards
- Add text, graphics, and watermarks
- Over 3,000 graphics
- Over 200 fonts
- Over 100 textures
- Over 2,400 customizable templates
- Over 70 pre-set blank canvases
- Create multi-photo designs
Touch up Features
- Change eye and hair color
- Whiten teeth, remove wrinkles
- Over a dozen enhancement tools
Cloud Storage Feature
- Changes auto-saved as you work
- Access from desktop and mobile
- Organize images with folders
PicMonkey lets you create stunning pictures and designs in no time. So, with this tool you can easily make a company logo or design a multi photo collage with great ease. So, how is this possible? This has been made possible because PicMonkey has literally everything you need. Here are some things you get in-built with the PicMonkey.
Resource Center – You can acquire all the needed knowledge that you want related to PicMonkey with the resource center.
Tutorials – You can edit with ease by watching the step by step instructions mentioned in the tutorials.
Mobile App – You can download the free pocket sized mobile app on your phone or tablet.
Print Shop – When you love what you just designed, you got to print your masterpiece on curtains and cardstock and show them off to the world.
PicMonkey Review for Collage Creator.
PicMonkey gives you the power to express yourself with multiple images at once using the collage maker feature of the PicMonkey. You can either make:
- Grid Based Collage or
- Free style Collage
How to make a collage?
- Open the design canvas or a blank canvas in the PicMonkey editor.
- Add as many images as you want to populate your collage.
- Customize the collage by changing the size, color, text, effects or the placement.
- Lastly, share your design on your requisite social media platform.
Customizing or Designing the Collage with PicMonkey and See the likes on social sites
You can find the desired look and customize your collage in any way you desire. There are various collage templates available to help you get started on this. However, our only little advice here is to never get locked in a cell. Push your limits of imagination and get a grid less pastiche of images.
Experiment with Different Looks
- Add text your collage – You can combine all the photos under a head by adding a text to it. This can be done with the PicMonkey’s easy to use text tool.
- On–trend looks – You can uplift your collage with some ultra-hip looks such as trippy photography or gradients.
Collage projects for you to get started
Facebook Cover Maker – Using this, you can design a collaged-out Facebook cover, and watch your likes roll in, in no time.
Clipping masks – The clipping mask or the masking feature will let you create a jaw dropping collage.
Dreamy vision boards – Using this feature, you can design a digital vision board and chase your goals.
PicMonkey Review about Basic Editing Tools
It is now time to overcome the distractions and put forth the glorious potential of your photos. How can you achieve that? This can be done with absolute ease using the various Photo Editing Tools that you get with PicMonkey.
Some of the editing tools available with PicMonkey include:
You can completely change the look and feel of your picture by using the crop tool. The crop tool lets you cut out the unnecessary part of your image and let the perfect photo emerge from the clay.
We know how a little crop can metamorphose your picture. So, here are some quick and easy steps to help you crop the photo.
- Open the image you want to crop in PicMonkey. Go to the Basic Edits tab and click on crop.
- Now, a box will appear over the image. You can drag the corner handles of this box to attain a desired size or shape.
- Click on Apply, and you are done!
If you feel that your photo looks a little murky, you can fix it with the exposure tool of the PicMonkey. With just the 4 simple sliders, you can resolve the exposure issues of your image.
Using the color tools, you can reclaim pearly-white shades from eggy glumness with just some desaturation. If you are unable to use this tool rightly, just use the autocorrect feature and you are sorted.
Make your pictures look clearer and sharper with the sharpen tool of the PicMonkey.
What if you come across a picture that looked just fine on your camera but when you look at it on the screen it appears upside-down? Simple solution, rotate it!
Use the resizing tools of PicMonkey and achieve a size for the photo that you really desire.
PicMonkey Review for Photo Touch up Tool – The best tool available with PicMonkey
PicMonkey has a magic face editor which is ideal for retouching or even doing a full on digital makeup with just few adjustments. Let’s take a look at some of the adjustments that you can make with this tool.
Make Subtle Face Edits
You can add subtle face edits such as Wrinkle Remover or Blemish Fix. But we advice you to not use too much of these features, else the resultant image will look far from you.
Go bold with beauty edits
You can go bold and incorporate some beauty edits like changing the color of your eyes or the hair, or even doing a complete digital makeup with this feature of the tool.
Edit here, finish there
So, PicMonkey really understands your busy schedule. It thus, let’s you start your editing on a desktop and wrap on the mobile app, and vice versa.
How to re-touch your pictures with PicMonkey?
- Open the portrait you want to re-touch in PicMonkey.
- Select the touch up tool and use it on the desired areas of your picture.
- Customize your picture by adjusting the sliders and playing a bit with the color options to achieve the perfect look. Once done, click on Apply.
- Lastly, show off your beautifully edited images with the masses and get flooded with the likes.
PicMonkey Review Verdict:
Using PicMonkey, you can work quickly to edit your images and save the resultant collage in just no time. It also helps you design a perfect collage by using the full online editor.
There are certain photo collage makers that tend to wipe off the images from the collage with if you decide to change the layout midway through editing however with PicMonkey, such is not the case. This tool lets you adjust the layout, as many times as you want, even after you have added the pictures, without you having to worry about them going away.
In all honesty, PicMonkey is a great tool that is equipped with a multitude of good points and just a few negatives. But the negatives are too trivial and can be overlooked. So, go ahead, download the app or try out the desktop version of this tool and make your images look great!